Monday, May 18, 2015

Social Media & Social Activism

When it comes to engaging myself in an "activism" or "political action" I would have to say that I haven't had the most memorable experiences. I personally don't seem to get too much involved with those sort of things, which I am perfectly fine with. 

However, I have numerous friends that take part in and participate in expressing their personal views on certain political topics that they're passionate about. I think that it's great for individuals to extract their inner thoughts and state what they believe in while conversing over social media.

I think that when people express their views and make a post about what they believe in, it allows for commentary from others individuals around them or who see the post. By getting explanations from other people, you are able to see several different interpretations or insights that you originally never would have even thought of.

Since so many people nowadays post and express their thoughts on social media sites, it’s now so much easier to get in debate over issues on the internet.

I think that by having social media “politicize” and “mobilize” political topics over the internet is a good thing because now more and more people, of all ages, can become aware of this information even when they didn’t mean to.

A majority of our population goes on the internet for several reasons, probably not to look up political matters, but if everyone started voicing their opinions online then it would be hard to miss.



1 comment:

  1. I personally don't seem to get too much involved with those sort of things, which I am perfectly fine with.
    drip followers

    ReplyDelete