Friday, June 5, 2015

Media class has been a blast

Throughout this entire trimester in my Introduction to New Media class here at North Central College, I can say that I definitely learned a lot of valuable and information that I will take with me everywhere I go. 

This class has been very beneficial for me because it helped me understand a lot of new types of material. For instance, before this class I never blogged about anything or set up my own website. 

When first hearing that we would have to do so many required blogs for this class I was thinking that it would take a lot of my time up and not be interesting. However, after getting the hang of it and writing a few blogs here and there I came to realize that they weren't so bad and that I actually kind of enjoyed the writing. I was able to write about whatever I wanted to and make it fun on a specific blogging website.


Then, when it came to managing and putting together my own website while using a template I was a little skeptic because I've never done something like that before. It took me awhile to finally get my page how I wanted it to look, but in the end it was definitely worth it. I really enjoyed making  everything flow nice and come together as a whole.

I also was able to become more aware of certain issues and topics discussed in this class that I previously knew, but just not in great detail. For example, I heard about and knew some facts about online privacy and online addiction, but not in depth things learned in class. 

I've learned so much new material during this course that I probably wouldn't have been able to learn anywhere else. Taking part in and being involved with this particular class has let me expand my knowledge more about media. 

No comments:

Post a Comment